Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sun and Pools will damage hair in the Summer




SUN IS A BALL OF FIRE~!


 Sun is the cause of many bad things. Even though it is many people do not take the proper precautions before tannning, not using hats or even not protecting their children. I recommend no sun at all but if you must wear sunscreen. Protection for your hair is a must. Wear hats especially at the beach. Sun can really burn your hair. There are also many products that have sunscreen protection in them like for example:

 Redken’s UV Rescue Shimmering Defense is a creamy, citrus scented potion that leaves a shiny shield on your locks to protect against color dehydration and drying sun rays.





What about pools? God knows I can be all day in the pool with a glass of wine ok well many glasses of wine. Chlorine is what I want to talk about. Chlorine is a chemical that inside the pool for sanitary purposes, but it is also very damaging for the hair. I am posting a few good hair tips that you can follow for more healthier hair before the pool.

  • wet hair before entering pool with leave in conditioner - this will help prevent hair from soaking up the harsh, chlorinated pool water.
  • you can wear a cap. I know they are not cute. You can thank me later though ;) lol
  • Shampoo your hair as soon as you get out the pool. This will help to remove most of the chlorine before it can do great damage. * A clarifying shampoo is not necessary unless a green hue is on your hair.
  • last but not least maintaining hair trimmed 4 to 8 weeks is ideal! I can cut it for you just call me for an appointment!
  • Bonus Remeber there are no cure for split ends besides cutting it off. So let's take care of our hair ladies.
Thank you for reading and comment below
Gisell xoxo


 




 


4 comments:

  1. I love the tips!! They are so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the tips, i'm not in the pool much, but definitely the sun and I need to take better care of my hair.

    Great ideas to protect it.

    xoDale
    www.savvyspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate your comments. Thank you so much. Say no to fried hair lol

    ReplyDelete